First, but not the last

I'm not a great fan of the traditional photo album where we all have to sit around and listen to long winded explanations of "This is a photo of granma's false teeth I took when I was six."  Interesting and amusing to the teller, boring as pig droppings to the rest.

I do, however, like photos, whether in an album or on a web page, to have an accompanying description.  And as I have for ages wondered how to make my photos available for general viewing without the boring as PS aspect, these blog pages present the ideal opportunity.  I'm not a photographer, not an amateur, and these photos are not for sale.  Enjoy them, or if they bore you, go to another page.  Regardless, the welcome mat is out.

My one and only commercial effort was this postcard, put together to fill a gap in cards promoting local attractions and events.  The cards sold well at the Donnybrook Post Office, but I couldn't print them economically enough to sell them at a reasonable price.  Unfortunately, personal events overtook the project and it fell in a heap in mid 2007.
All the images in this compilation were taken in the Donnybrook region in late 2004, early 2005, most in the small space of state forest at the back of where I live.